Friday, September 14, 2012

This Blog is Cool


I have so many memories of sitting at the dinner table and my sister and I complaining about the news and how boring it was and asking why we couldn’t watch Spongebob instead. It makes me laugh that of all things, my major is in the news. But, now I find it fascinating. I believe that news is the telling of a story and how people respond to it. It connects people and forms a community. News will never die, because there will always be a story to tell and that is why it plays such a vital role in society. 
However, it means nothing if it isn’t trustworthy and that is what makes good journalism. The people who started newspapers weren’t trying to entertain, they were trying to inform. They stuck to the facts and told people what was really going on. Good journalism is written with respect for their audience. It means using credible sources and reporting with honesty and integrity. Without this mentality a journalist is simply a gossip.
My name is Cassie Kelly, I am from Columbus. I love writing when it’s rainy and being outdoors when it’s not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment