- News is a large part of everyday life. The pure essence of news is to simply present new information. However, news has evolved into something much more. News is a means by which a society can communicate within itself. Whether it is the overwhelming deficit or who Robert Pattinson is dating, news is simply a large-scale form of communication. Although, it is also the most powerful form of communication because it reaches such a large amount of people. As history has proven, this power is great and influential. It is a power which should be handled with the utmost delicacy.
- Thus, good journalism is the knowledge of how to utilize this power effectively. A good journalist is one who knows how to provide information without providing a call to action. Journalism is a balancing act. It is the balance between informing and engaging. It is the balance between giving a voice to those who do not have one, but not allowing it to become your voice. The place of journalism is not to say what is or is not an issue, but rather just relay information. It is a journalist’s job to tell the story, not to make it.
- I am Jaelynn Grisso, and I love to write. I am from Montana, but Wyoming originally. I love rainy days, Disney, and fireflies.
Sunday, September 16, 2012
Breaking News: A New Form of Power
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Whether it is the overwhelming deficit or who Robert Pattinson is dating."
ReplyDeleteLove.