Sunday, September 16, 2012

Me, my definitions, and I

1.  News is what is happening in the world around us. It can be local, national, or even global and it consists of the important information and messages that have happened, are happening, and will happen. According to fairtest.org the 8 most important elements of news are immediacy, proximity, prominence, oddity, conflict, suspense, emotions, and consequence. These words truly sum up the guidelines when establishing news. News shapes our society and influences the actions of the members that belong to this society. News is when stories are told and messages are conveyed. News is something that is constantly moving and changing, and is something that can never end.

2.  Good Journalism is when a story is told truthfully and the intended message of the story is clearly conveyed. It is when all sides of a story are explored and readers are given a chance to equally understand all sides. Good Journalism is respectful to all potential audience members and establishes a trusting relationship of sorts between the Journalist and his or her audience. Good Journalism connects with its viewers, readers, etc.

3. My name is Allison O'Brien and I am from Fairfield, Ohio! I will be majoring in Public Relations and getting a minor in Business. I like being organized and I am very outgoing and love meeting new people. I can't wait to work with and get to know all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment