Sunday, September 16, 2012

The first of many posts to come...

To me, news is something that I need to know.  If I'm going to read it, it needs to have some sort of relevance and exigence to my life.  So in that same vein, the news needs to defend itself to me: WHY should I be so concerned about it, and it's up to the writers to enforce that in their writing.

In that definition, I scraped upon the idea of good journalism.  Good journalism should tell me why the news is important, and tell me everything of exigence to said news story.  I personally believe that good journalists also tell great stories, making the writing as exciting as can be true, but that's frowned upon in some schools of thought... And above all, good journalists are true, in the sense that they don't fabricate nor wrongly accentuate stories, as well as spin their own opinions into a story that isn't specified as an opinion piece.

And now for the hardest part...

Danielle Keeton-Olsen of Mt. Prospect, IL adores good music and literature.  Of her many passions include violin, musical theater, Doctor Who, and chocolate chip cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment