Thursday, September 13, 2012

Blog #1 Understanding Our Future


News.  It’s everywhere and surrounds every one of us.  Some news may only be important to you and your community while other news may be important to the whole world.  As my Webster’s New World Dictionary describes it, news is “new information; information previously unknown” and “recent happenings.” Although this is a very forward definition, I see it as something way more.  News is our past, present and future; it is life.  If there were no news in the world, there would be no advancements in our society.  News helps the world seem smaller and keeps the human race united.

Journalism from the outside seems basic - transferring information from Point A to Point B.  Now good journalism, well, that can be hard to come by.  When you come across an article where the writer becomes more of an artist in his or her piece, and on the writer’s canvas, you can sense his or her passion with every colorful word and punctuation mark.   This is when you know you have found good journalism.   When you can truly feel the emotions of the witnesses or related people in the piece, you know it is good journalism.

I am Kelsey!  I just turned nineteen September first.  I am from Marion, Ohio and my main hobbies are working out and meeting new people. 

5 comments:

  1. Kelsey,
    I really enjoyed your description of a journalist. That is a wonderful way to look at it!
    Jaelynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaelynn,

      Thank you so much...that really means a lot!! I am not kidding, I was just reading through the blogs and thought that your journalism piece stuck out as well. I am really excited to meet you along with everyone else! See you Thursday!

      Delete
  2. My birthday is September first too! Except I just turned eighteen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danielle,

      No way that is awesome!! So you are a youngin huh? Haha but I am looking forward to meeting you soon. Virgos stick together! See you Thursday!

      Kelsey

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete