There was a two-part Ted Koppel piece on the contemporary tone of cable "journalism" last night on NBC's Rock Center. Produced by Tom Bettag it features a close look at the political vitriol that permeates the cabler's coverage this election cycle and its consequence on civility at-large.
I'd really like you to watch it and then jot some thoughts of your own to share and discuss. The link http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/49113264#49113264
Here's a prompt - I am not asking if you liked or disliked the piece, agreed or disagreed with the political coverage.... look at it from the eyes of the reporter-producer... how they built the piece, what they included, how Ted Koppel asks his questions, the use of 2 cameras in the interview to get an establishing shot as well as a close-up. Look at the piece both for its editorial oomph as well as its technical mechanics.
I'll give one more prompt - the last SOT from NYTimes journalist David Carr and the brief Q&A between NBC anchor Brian Williams and Koppel are spot-on accurate!
Enjoy the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment