Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Basics of Our Major


News is what has happened, and what is happening.  It is our history as well as our future.  Through news, one learns of what trials and triumphs are occurring outside of his or her front door and in countries across the globe.  News is information, and information is power that may potentially lead to progress.  In every society, no matter how remote, it is a defining factor in day-to-day life.  News is what connects us to the world outside of our own. 

Journalism is a way in which news is conveyed, but good journalism is the way in which truth is conveyed.  Good, pure journalism is free of outside influences, and seeks to give a voice to the voiceless.  When stories are brought to life, the truth is told, and the voice of those affected is heard, it is then that good journalism has been achieved.  

I am Olivia!  I lived in Massachusetts for the past 8 years, and I will always love New England.  I love to read, but, if that doesn’t brighten my mood, there is nothing that a run can’t solve. I am looking forward to getting to know you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment