Thursday, October 11, 2012

Vice to Start 24 Hour Online News Network

Here's a link to the article about Vice's plans on launching an online news network.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/abu-dhabi-media-summit-vice-377846

What I want to know from all of you is: Would you go there for your news? I know I personally liked their "immersion" style newscast but do you think their claims of being "the future of news" have real substance?

Also, they mention that traditional broadcast news is losing young viewers because "everyone follows the same story." Would it be a good idea for news shows to pick different stories and so have more time to cover their stories in more detail?

P.S. I apologize to everyone in JFresh, especially my group for not being very dependable lately. I plan on changing this immediately and hope to have a wonderful time reinventing news with all of my fellow JFreshies and contributing as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment