Monday, October 22, 2012

Kaitlyn Marshall Pitches


Focus-Townies:
1.      Why Athens?
Focus on Townies that live in Athens and have no connection to Ohio University. Most people assume that the Townies here at OU are professors, or custodians, or are somehow related to OU. However, there are some people who live here in Athens and don’t really have a relation to OU I’d like to hear from them.
Leads: My friend Luca is from Athens and he said that he knows a few people who live in Athens and they don’t go to OU and they don’t work at OU so hopefully I’ll get to talk to a few of them
Possible visuals: shots of the areas outside of OU and in the Athens county. Other shops and businesses outside of OU’s spectrum
2.     From Townies to Students: Making the switch?
Since so many Athens High School students come to OU, how do they adjust? Do they have an easy time making new friends, or do they stick to their old friends they’ve known forever. Do they choose to live at home and commute to save money or do they live on campus to meet new people. I’ve talked to a few people from around town and they’ve even said that they had a hard time making new friends so that might contribute to the divide between the OU students and the Townies even as students on campus.
Leads: Rob Hammer, and Seirra Cell, both from Athens
Possible visuals: shots of AHS, students walking around on campus, areas outside of OU.
3.     Townies: Who are they?
Most OU students think townies are just Hippies or “flowerchildren”, so it’d be really fun to do an in-depth look at a few Townies. The ones who’ve lived here forever and work at the university, the ones with no relation to OU and the teenage kids who live around here will all be looked into.
Leads: Professors and friends from around campus

1 comment:

  1. Kaitlyn,

    I really like third pitch. I think looking into who they really are could be interesting, even if they are mostly "flowerchildren" after all. I think looking at people without a relation to OU would be better for this one, and it sounds like you've got the contacts to make that happen. Good work!

    Jaelynn

    ReplyDelete