Kyle Wiggers from Twinsburgh, Ohio, is a man of few words, and he is exactly the kind of guy I would want my kid sister to bring over for pizza and a movie.
What has Kyle done to deserve the highest praise an older and overly-protective sister can give?
Kyle is definitely the most considerate guy I have met since I arrived at Ohio University. He asked me to do a simple favor: to call his voicemail during a speech that was being given in Memorial Auditorium. It was no skin off my back, and I told him it was no problem.
The next time I saw him, Kyle gave me a yellow envelope with a thank you note and a gift card enclosed.
Kyle is definitely the most considerate guy I have met since I arrived at Ohio University. He asked me to do a simple favor: to call his voicemail during a speech that was being given in Memorial Auditorium. It was no skin off my back, and I told him it was no problem.
The next time I saw him, Kyle gave me a yellow envelope with a thank you note and a gift card enclosed.
How many other 18-year-olds do you know who would be that thoughtful? Heck, how many people do you know who would even think to write a thank you note, let alone give you a generous gift card?
However, beyond his generosity and thoughtfulness, Kyle is also very family-oriented. In fact, his grandparents live just off campus and they were a big factor in his decision to attend O-U.
INSERT SOT WIGGERS “I wanted to be close to my family. . . . I try to drive down to see my grandparents almost every weekend.” END SOT
While Kyle is thoughtful, generous and a man with many family ties, the number one reason why I would want him to date my sister is... his humility that extends even to his.
Kyle has had extensive work in journalism and writing, but you will never hear him bragging about it. Living in the community just 15 minutes away from where the Camden, Ohio, where a school shooting occurred last February, Kyle covered the story for his newspaper. He interviewed friends of victims, and those who had known the shooter.
“Reporting on it was tough. I had to talk to some of the friend’s of the victims. I wanted to know about their goals and aspirations and such. ... I wanted to represent both sides.”
Kyle has reported stories many polished journalists have ever had to deal with, but never brings up his past work. Kyle is who he appears to be: a hardworking, polite, considerate journalism student.
I think I should slip him my sister’s number, don’t you?
I think I should slip him my sister’s number, don’t you?
No comments:
Post a Comment