Coming from a small suburb just outside of Chicago, Danielle
Keeton-Olsen, being an out of state student, is in the minority here at Ohio
University. Traveling almost nine hours to the E.W Scripps School of Journalism
was an easy decision for Keeton-Olsen.
{Quote}
I Came to Scripps for an interview and I was sold!
Despite pricey out of state tuition Keeton Olsen was ready
to be out of her small town of Mount Prospect Illinois. Although she was
involved in Orchestra, Show Choir, Student Directed high school plays, and
wrote for her schools paper Keeton-Olsen still says.
{Quote}
I often found myself kind of bored with the establishment
Keeton-Olsen found her way to Mount Prospect Illinois upon
the divorce of her parents when she was in the second grade. Upon entering the
5th grade, Keeton-Olsen had to deal with the passing of her father.
{Quote}
He died when I was in 5th grade, so that was a
little traumatic, but I mean I didn’t see him that often and it’s been so many
years that I’m almost completely over it. I just don’t bring it up.
Keeton was not without a father though. During her sophomore
year of high school, Keeton-Olsen’s Stepfather officially adopted her in order
to help her gain benefits to pay for college.
{Quote}
Emotionally it made very little difference to me. He was
already a huge part of my life, he married my mom and was just always around.
No comments:
Post a Comment